Wellness Network Course List
May 15, 2019
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-342-7686 to register for any of the following:
- Cooking Basics : In this 6-Week Basics Course learners will become familiar with the impact food can have on their mood, and the basics in the menu planning, budgeting and shopping
- Create Writing for Recovery: This course introduces a range of writing approaches for better mental health in a friendly and fun setting. Course participants will produce writing in a variety of writing approaches and styles. Instruction and encouragement is provided from a published author of over 10 books of non-fiction, fiction and poetry with his own history of mental illness and recovery to share.
- Fun Focused Explorations in Drama: Fun focused explorations in drama activities including games , an introduction to improvisation. Readers’ Theatre and original creations.
- Goal Setting: This 6 week series offers knowledge, support, encouragement, and guidance for those seeking help in setting goals, getting and staying motivated. Learners will have an opportunity to reflect on various aspects of their lives in order to determine SMART (Specific; Measurable; Achievable; Relevant; Time bound) goals, while reflecting on how mental health and addictions can impact goal setting.
- Indigenous Ways of Knowing and Being: This course is a learner driven program that seeks to reclian a previously suppressed Indigenous culture rich in its own history, tradition and approach to wellness. Learners will be immersed in Indigenous traditional practices led by traditional knowledge keepers. Participants will reflect individually and together on the impact of the teachings that are shared.
o Ceremony and traditional teaching of Indigenous culture in Alberta
o Sharing circles
o Journaling and self-reflection
o Making handcrafts (eg: beading, weaving, ribbon skirt/shirt making, rattle making, etc)
o Sharing of personal stories
- Leadership Series: In this 8-week course, learners will explore the concept of leadership. This will include the following topics: leadership qualities, effective communication, conflict resolution and problem solving. Learners will also explore how leadership skills can strengthen mental health advocacy on a personal and community level. Through participation in this course learners will be able to identify their leadership style.
- Mental Wellness Recovery Group : Over a period of 10 weekly group sessions, learners will learn proven recovery practices and supportive tools, to help them progress on their recovery journey. Learners will learn how to accelerate recovery utilizing self-care, hope and purpose, and control and connection.
- Writing for Recovery: A group which instructs and facilitates writing in all genres. Writing for Recovery maximizes the facilitation of enjoyment, confident progression of writing skills in all genres.